Learn how to successfully self-publish: learn to create ebooks, upload them to major retailers like Amazon, and market them on social media and other websites.
- View Offline
- Hi, I'm Jason Matthews, and welcome to Ebook Publishing Fundamentals. Together we're going to create ebooks and upload them to major retailers. In this course we're going to start with some brief strategies in terms of approaching retailers and distributors. I'll then talk about formatting and the importance of keeping things simple as you format your documents. We'll go over options for your cover design. We'll even upload and make your ebooks available at Amazon and other major retailers. Now while there is no one size fits all answer to anything when it comes to self-publishing, there are some common guidelines that we'll cover.
There are also pitfalls to beware of, and I'm going to share some of those with you. Fortunately it's an exciting time to be an independent author. My goal is to help you publish books in a way that gives them the best change of succeeding. You'll want them to get read, to get enjoyed and shared, and I want that too. Let's get started.
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook