I will demonstrate the VMware Managed Object Browser and how to use it to invoke methods on vSphre objects
- [Voiceover] In this video I'll demonstrate how to use…the Vshpere Managed Object Browser.…I'll be using the Vmware Hands-on Labs,…using the Vsphere with Operations Management Six Lab.…Let's begin by launching our browser,…and we'll go to the address of the Managed Object Browser.…We'll log in using our vCenter credentials.…Here you can see the address for the Managed Object Browser.…It's simply the address of vCenter-MOB.…
Now that we've accessed the Managed Object Browser…we have the ability to look at different objects…and carry out methods on those objects.…The methods simply refer to actions that we can take.…Let's click on Content and look at some of these methods.…Here we see a long list of different objects…that we can manage.…Let's take a look at AlarmManager.…Here you can see some of the alarm methods that we…can carry out on our vCenter Server…like acknowledging alarms, creating alarms,…or getting alarm states, even enabling alarm actions.…
Let's looks at LicenseManager.…Under License Manager we have the ability to…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer vSphere 6.x Security domain of the VMware Certified Professional 6—Data Center Virtualization (VCP6DCV) exam.
- vCenter built-in and custom roles
- Task permissions
- Global permissions
- Local ESXi permissions and authentication
- Securing virtual machines and switches
- Managing ESXi host services and firewalls
- Using Lockdown mode
- Enabling single sign-on (SSO)
Skill Level Beginner
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage VDSwith Brandon Neill1h 9m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Manage vCenter Roles and Permissions
2. Manage Local ESXi Permissions and Authentication
ESXi authentication options2m 29s
3. Secure and Harden the vSphere Environment
4. Enable Single Sign-On
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.