Join Rick Crisci for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of VMware vSphere: Configure and Administer Security.
- [Voiceover] In this class, we use a few resources that may prove valuable to you even after the class is completed. The first resource I wanna show you is the Vmware hands-on lab environment. Here we see VMware's hands-on labs website. Let's scroll down and click on the labs link, and here you can see a listing of all of the free hands-on labs that are available to you. In this class, we use the vSphere with operations management six lab to demonstrate certain topics, but there's a number of other labs that are available here as well.
Just a few of the labs are shown here, including NSX and vSphere performance optimization. You can also look at focused areas, such as networking and storage. These labs are free. All you need to do is click here on login and register and register for you own account. In addition to the assessments that are provided at the end of each chapter, it might be beneficial to go find a complete practice exam to prepare you for the VCP six data center virtualization exam. Trainertests.com provides complete practice exams for a number of VMware certifications that will ensure that you're ready to pass your exam.
This course also assumes a certain level of knowledge before you begin. You should have a basic understanding of vSphere components, such as vCenter, ESXi hosts, Virtual Machine, and the platform services controller. To learn more about these basic vSphere topics, please see our up and running with vSphere six video.
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer vSphere 6.x Security domain of the VMware Certified Professional 6—Data Center Virtualization (VCP6DCV) exam.
- vCenter built-in and custom roles
- Task permissions
- Global permissions
- Local ESXi permissions and authentication
- Securing virtual machines and switches
- Managing ESXi host services and firewalls
- Using Lockdown mode
- Enabling single sign-on (SSO)