Learn how to configure a vSphere backup and recovery solution using vSphere Data Protection, Replication, and snapshots.
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome to the backing up and recovering a vSphere deployment course. My name is Rick Crisci and I'm your official VMR certified instructor. I teach a wide variety of VMR courses and I'm also the primary author for trainertests.com I'd like to encourage you to connect with me on LinkedIn. I'm always happy to interact with the students that take my courses and also this will ensure that you'll know when I'm releasing new articles or other useful vSphere content. I also have a blog that includes a collection of reference materials for all of my vSphere courses.
So please visit rickswhiteboard.com to check it out. Now in this course I'll explain important concepts and best practices that you can use to manage vSphere backups. I'll also explain vSphere replication, vSphere data protection, and snapshots. And I'll demonstrate many of these tasks in a lab environment so that you can follow along in your own home lab. It's a lot to cover so let's get started.
- Deploying a vSphere Replication virtual appliance
- Configuring VR jobs
- Installing and configuring vSphere Data Protection
- Creating a vSphere DP backup
- Taking, deleting, and consolidating snapshots