Learn how to balance workloads among virtual machines using the advanced options in VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Advanced DRS allows admins to efficiently allocate resources manually or automatically in an ESXi cluster. That's what this course is all about. Hi. I'm Russell Long and I have over 16 years experience in IT ranging from layer 1 network construction all the way to virtual data center management. In this course we will cover DRS configuration and how to customize it to fit your environment. I'll show you the theory behind how DRS works and some of the advanced configuration we can use to better fit our virtual environment.
Then, I'll set up DRS clusters from scratch which we will configure with more advanced options as we progress through the course. Finally, I'll discuss ways to monitor and troubleshoot a DRS cluster to keep things running smoothly. So let's get started.
- An overview of DRS
- Migrating virtual machines and thresholds
- Configuring DRS
- Creating and editing clusters
- Working with Storage DRS cluster features
- Managing DRS cluster resources
- Enabling Distributed Power Management
- Troubleshooting DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage VDSwith Brandon Neill1h 9m Intermediate
1. DRS Overview
2. Inner Workings of DRS
3. Configuration of DRS
4. Managing DRS Cluster Resources
5. Distributed Power Management
6. Troubleshooting DRS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.