Understand VMware Virtual SAN (VSAN) objects like replicas and components. Understand performance implications of the VSAN network and flash layer.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll spend some time…focusing on how virtual machine objects are stored…in a VSAN data store and we'll take a look…at the network that interconnects the ESXi hosts…that are participating in the VSAN cluster.…So here we see a diagram of three ESXi hosts,…and these ESXi hosts are part of a VSAN cluster.…And we can see that the two ESXi hosts are being…interconnected by two physical switches.…This is a best practice for VSAN.…
We want to make sure that we have physical redundancy…in our network.…That way if we have a single switch failure,…we don't lose VSAN connectivity.…And inside the ESXi hosts you can see that each host…has been configured with a VSAN VM kernel port.…This is a special VM kernel port…that will be used to pass VSAN traffic…between these ESXi hosts.…Now, it's really important that this network is fast.…And that's why I've shown two 10-gig switches…in our network.…
You could deploy one-gig switches.…One gig is a supported option with VSAN.…But the best practice is to have a 10-gigabit-per-second…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.