Rick Crisci explains how atomic test and set (ATS) uses the vSphere API for Array Integration (VAAI) to reduce the impact of SCSI reservations.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll explain VAAI primitives…and how they can be used to make certain storage tasks…more efficient.…VAAI primitives define storage tasks…that can be offloaded to a storage array.…There's many different operations…that can actually be offloaded to a storage array…from an ESXi host.…When these operations are offloaded to the storage array,…they become much more efficient…and they happen much more quickly.…Now, some of these operations include zeroing disks,…cloning virtual machines,…and migrating data from one datastore to another.…
If a VAAI storage array is not used for these tasks,…the data mover of the ESXi host…must perform these operations.…And most of the time what that means is…data is unnecessarily copied…from the storage array to the ESXi host…and then right back down to another datastore…out of the same storage array.…So in this video, we're going to cover…a few key VAAI primitives.…The first primitive that we'll talk about…is Atomic Test and Set.…
We'll then cover XCOPY,…Write Same,…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storagewith Joseph Lowery1h 26m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.