Rick Crisci demonstrates how to use VSAN Observer to monitor VSAN performance.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll use VSAN…Observer to collect information about Virtual SAN 6.…Now I'm using a VMware Hands-On Lab Kit…to demonstrate this process.…The Hands-On Lab that I'm using is what's…new with Virtual SANS 6, and in order…to enable VSAN Observer, we need to use…the Ruby vSphere Console, which is part…of the vCenter Server, so in order to turn on VSAN Observer,…we need to be able to access the Ruby vSphere Console,…and how you do this is going to differ…depending on whether you're using the…Windows version of vCenter or the vCenter Server Appliance.…
In our lab environment, I'm using the…vCenter Server Appliance, so that's…the method I'm going to demonstrate.…However, if you want a complete set of steps…to access the Ruby vSphere Console either…on Windows vCenter or the vCenter Server Appliance,…see VMware Knowledge Base Article 2-0-6-4-2-4-0,…and that will walk you through, in detail,…exactly how to use the Ruby vSphere Console…to launch VSAN Observer.…So as mentioned, in our environment,…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.