Understand the capabilities and use cases of the VMWare vSphere Certificate Manager.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this video, I'll explain…vSphere Certificate Manager, and how you can use it…to perform common certificate operations.…vSphere Certificate Manager is a command line utility…that allows you to perform routine…certificate management tasks.…You can choose from a list of tasks to perform,…and it will prompt you for required information,…like certificate locations.…Certificates will automatically be placed…in the VMware Endpoint Certificate Store,…and you do not need to manually import them.…As you make changes, the required services…are automatically stopped and started.…
If you're making changes and you need to revert back…to the prior configuration, you can do so.…Before you run vSphere Certificate Manager,…be sure that you understand the replacement process,…and that you have access to the certificates…that you want to use.…vSphere Certificate Manager ensures…that you're always able to revert changes.…When you initiate a task, the current certificate state…is stored before certificates are replaced.…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer vSphere 6.x Security domain of the VMware Certified Professional 6—Data Center Virtualization (VCP6DCV) exam.
- vCenter built-in and custom roles
- Task permissions
- Global permissions
- Local ESXi permissions and authentication
- Securing virtual machines and switches
- Managing ESXi host services and firewalls
- Using Lockdown mode
- Enabling single sign-on (SSO)
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Manage vCenter Roles and Permissions
2. Manage Local ESXi Permissions and Authentication
ESXi authentication options2m 29s
3. Secure and Harden the vSphere Environment
4. Enable Single Sign-On
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.