Rick Crisci explains the difference between fixed, most recently used (MRU), and round robin PSPs, and the default PSPs available in the vSphere 6 ESXi host.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll explain…the basic concepts of storage multipathing in ESXi.…Now, in ESXi, we have a few different options…for path-selection plug-ins.…And the purpose of these path-selection plug-ins is…to choose the best possible path for your storage traffic.…As we see in this ESXi Host on the left side of our diagram,…this host has multiple paths…that storage traffic can flow over.…So, how does the ESXi Host choose which path to use?…Well, ESXi comes with…three built-in path-selection plug-ins.…
These are built into the native multipathing plug-in,…or N-M-P.…This comes bundled with ESXi.…And the three path-selection plug-ins included are Fixed,…Most Recently Used, and Round Robin.…Let's look at Round Robin first.…The Round Robin is not the default path-selection plug-in…for any storage array.…Whether that storage array is…active-active or active-passive,…Round Robin is not the default PSP.…
Now, if you've never heard of this term, active-active or…active-passive storage arrays,…what this refers to is the storage processors of the array.…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.