In this video, Russ Long dives into some of the advanced options available when configuring a Storage DRS cluster. Learn how you can use some of the advanced Storage DRS cluster feature to protect your datastores.
- [Narrator] Storage DRS runtime rules…are advanced configuration options…used to alter storage DRS triggers.…Now one of these triggers is the I/O metric.…We can disable the use of the I/O metric.…When we do this load balancing will be based…only on the storage capacity threshold…when making DRS recommendations.…This not only disables active I/O load balancing,…but also the initial placement of virtual disks…based on the I/O workload.…
Initial placement is only based on…the space available on the data store.…We also have the ability to alter…how aggressive we are with our migration tolerances.…We can determine the maximum percentage used per data store…before storage DRS migrates virtual machine files…to other data stores in the cluster.…And for I/O latency maximums…we can change how we trigger our storage vMotions.…When configuring I/O latency,…please configure the value to be lower than or equal to…storage I/O control congestion thresholds.…
Now if we really want to get crazy…with some advanced options,…we have four options at our disposal.…
- An overview of DRS
- Migrating virtual machines and thresholds
- Configuring DRS
- Creating and editing clusters
- Working with Storage DRS cluster features
- Managing DRS cluster resources
- Enabling Distributed Power Management
- Troubleshooting DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage VDSwith Brandon Neill1h 9m Intermediate
1. DRS Overview
2. Inner Workings of DRS
3. Configuration of DRS
4. Managing DRS Cluster Resources
5. Distributed Power Management
6. Troubleshooting DRS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.