In this video, Russ Long demonstrates how to create and configure a Storage DRS cluster. Learn how to apply configurations to your storage solution to help performance within the datacenter.
- [Instructor] In this lab, let us take a moment…to create an actual storage DRS cluster.…The first thing we should do is move a few tabs over…in the inventory pane.…We aren't dealing with host anymore, but datastores.…Now that we are in the right spot,…let's go ahead and click on the data center itcamplab.…Now let's click on Related Objects,…then Datastore Clusters.…Remember, we have to create a datastore cluster…before anything else.…
Once we click create,…the little group of datastores with the plus sign on it,…we can see the turn on storage DRS box.…It is checked by default.…In our case, we want to enable storage DRS,…so we will leave it checked.…Now we click the Next button.…Here we can see the automation levels…for different storage DRS features.…First, we have the cluster-wide automation level.…Manual, which will give us recommendations only,…and Fully Automatic, which will move VM files…around to datastores to meet our thresholds.…
Next, we see a list of items,…space, I/O balance, rule enforcement,…which is basically affinity rules,…
- An overview of DRS
- Migrating virtual machines and thresholds
- Configuring DRS
- Creating and editing clusters
- Working with Storage DRS cluster features
- Managing DRS cluster resources
- Enabling Distributed Power Management
- Troubleshooting DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage VDSwith Brandon Neill1h 9m Intermediate
1. DRS Overview
2. Inner Workings of DRS
3. Configuration of DRS
4. Managing DRS Cluster Resources
5. Distributed Power Management
6. Troubleshooting DRS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.