In this video, Russ Long shows how to schedule DRS cluster settings to run at specified times. Learn how to schedule custom load balancing events for compute or storage resources.
- [Instructor] At some point, you may want to…set a custom time in which you run DRS for storage…or compute resources.…You can set this by using the Schedule DRS feature.…It is required that DRS is already running,…or enabled, on the Compute or Storage cluster…prior to being able to schedule anything.…So when might we want to use this option?…Good examples include cases of maintenance…or when we want to do balancing during off peak hours.…To configure Schedule DRS, we must first choose…the inventory object on the left hand side.…
In this case, let's go ahead and choose the DRS Cluster.…Next, click on the Manage tab, then Settings.…Select vSphere DRS.…Under DRS, we now see the Schedule DRS button.…This is right next to the Edit button.…Let's go ahead and select that now.…As we scroll through the options, you can see…all the same options that were available to us…during our initial cluster configuration…are available to us here.…
Any setting we create here, will override…the original cluster settings and run on our…
- An overview of DRS
- Migrating virtual machines and thresholds
- Configuring DRS
- Creating and editing clusters
- Working with Storage DRS cluster features
- Managing DRS cluster resources
- Enabling Distributed Power Management
- Troubleshooting DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage VDSwith Brandon Neill1h 9m Intermediate
1. DRS Overview
2. Inner Workings of DRS
3. Configuration of DRS
4. Managing DRS Cluster Resources
5. Distributed Power Management
6. Troubleshooting DRS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.