Rick Crisci demonstrates the Pluggable Storage Architecture (PSA) Framework and how it can be used to implement custom PSPs and SATPs provided by storage vendors.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'll demonstrate how to install…a third-party Path Selection Plug-in…using the vSphere Pluggable Storage Architecture.…Now, before I get started with my demonstration,…I want to show you a few preliminary steps…that you need to take if you want to try this out at home.…One of the first steps that we need to take…is to install WinSCP.…You can find it at winscp.net,…and this is a file transfer tool that we're going to use…to transfer these third-party extensions to our ESXi host.…
That's one of our tools that we're going to use.…We're also going to use PuTTY.…And you can see here I have PuTTY installed on this desktop.…So you'll need to download PuTTY and install that as well,…so that we can get a command line session going…with the ESXi host.…We'll also need a third-party Path Selection Plug-in.…In this case, I've chosen PowerPath from EMC.…Now, you may have a different storage vendor…with a different PSP.…But if you just want to try this at home,…this is a good one to test it out with.…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storagewith Joseph Lowery1h 26m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.