Learn how to create/rename/delete/unmount VMFS data stores. Rick Crisci also shows how to expand a data store within a LUN and how to add an extent to a data store, and explains the implications of each approach.
- [Narrator] In this video,…I'll demonstrate how to perform a variety of tasks…on a VMFS datastore.…I'll show you how to create a VMFS datastore,…how to increase it in size,…how to unmount it,…delete it and rename it.…So let's start out by creating a new VMFS datastore.…I'm going to click on the storage view…and here we see under the training datacenter,…we already have three datastores created.…I want to create an additional datastore.…So I'm going to right click the virtual datacenter…and under storage, I'm going to choose new datastore.…
And we'll just walk through the wizard here.…The type of datastore is going to be a VMFS datastore.…We'll name the datastore demo…and we'll choose an ESXi host…and what we're choosing here is a list of accessible LUNs.…We want to see the LUNs that are accessible…to ESXi 01.vclass.local.…Let's choose the second LUN listed here…which is a 10-gig LUN.…
We'll choose next…and now we'll pick how much of the space on this LUN…do we want to utilize for this datastore.…I'm going to create my datastore using nine gigabytes…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.