Rick Crisci demonstrates how to mount and unmount a data store, rename it, and how to detect size changes.
- [Narrator] In this video, I'll demonstrate how…to make changes to a NFS data store.…I'll also show you some of the monitoring information…available in the vSphere Web Client.…Let's start by clicking on the Storage view…and here we have an NFS data store…that's already been created.…We can easily rename this data store…by simply right-clicking it, choosing Rename,…and I'll rename it to NFS-Demo-Renamed.…
We can modify other options on an NFS data store as well.…So let's take a look at how this NFS data store…is currently configured.…Here we can see the data store exists…on our nfs.vclass.local server,…and here's the folder that was created…on the NFS system for it.…If we look at Monitor, we can see any current issues…or alarms that exist related to this data store.…We can see performance information like…how much space has been utilized,…and any recent tasks and events that have occurred as well.…
We can also click on Manage and configure different options…for the data store like permissions, alarms,…and similar tasks as well.…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storagewith Joseph Lowery1h 26m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.