Demo of how to join a vSphere ESXi host to an Active Directory domain.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I'll demonstrate…how to join an ESXI host to an Active Directory domain.…We'll be using the VMware Hands-On Lab environment…to complete this demonstration.…We'll be using the vSphere with a…Operations Management 6 Hands-On Lab.…So let's start by browsing to Hosts and Clusters.…And here we can see a few ESXI hosts…that are managed under this vCenter instance.…Now I want to go ahead and take one of these hosts,…and join it to the Active Directory domain.…
So I'm going to click on host esxi-02a,…and under this host, we have some options.…I'm going to click on the Management tab,…and from there, we can go to Settings.…Under Settngs, we have a number of options,…one of which is Authentication Services.…You can see, at the moment, local authentication…is enabled on this ESXI host.…So I want to join this ESXI host…to the Active Directory domain.…The domain, in this case, is corp.local.…And now I'll put in my domain credentials,…administrator, and my password,…and hit OK.…
Now we should see this screen refresh…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer vSphere 6.x Security domain of the VMware Certified Professional 6—Data Center Virtualization (VCP6DCV) exam.
- vCenter built-in and custom roles
- Task permissions
- Global permissions
- Local ESXi permissions and authentication
- Securing virtual machines and switches
- Managing ESXi host services and firewalls
- Using Lockdown mode
- Enabling single sign-on (SSO)
Skill Level Beginner
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage VDSwith Brandon Neill1h 9m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Manage vCenter Roles and Permissions
2. Manage Local ESXi Permissions and Authentication
ESXi authentication options2m 29s
3. Secure and Harden the vSphere Environment
4. Enable Single Sign-On
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.