Understand the basic concept of vSphere Data Protection and how it can be used to back up VMware virtual machines.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll provide an introduction…to vSphere Data Protection, and we'll learn how we can…use it to back up virtual machines.…vSphere Data Protection is a backup and recovery solution…specifically designed for a vSphere virtual environment.…But before we get into vSphere Data Protection,…let's talk a little bit about the way things used to be.…Many of us have experienced server failures, and sometimes…those servers are running on really old hardware.…If a server that's running on really old hardware fails,…we might have a problem with a restore.…
We might end up looking like this guy.…Because it's very difficult to restore a backup…that was taken on really old hardware if you don't have…a matching server that's the same hardware to restore to.…And if you've ever taken a backup of an old system…and tried to restore it to brand new hardware,…you probably know what I'm talking about.…You run into all sorts of driver issues and compatibility…issues, and all sorts of problems that result from the fact…
- Deploying a vSphere Replication virtual appliance
- Configuring VR jobs
- Installing and configuring vSphere Data Protection
- Creating a vSphere DP backup
- Taking, deleting, and consolidating snapshots