Understand the different adapter types that can be used with Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) storage and how they work with the ESXi host.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll explain the different…types of fiber channel over Ethernet storage adapters.…And we'll start by looking at the converged network adapter.…A converged network adapter or CNA…is a hardware interface that's used to connect…to a fiber channel over Ethernet network,…but it also has the ability to carry standard…network traffic over the same interface,…and this can be really useful in situations…where you have a high port density,…things like a blade chassis where there's…not a lot of physical ports.…
The ability to push storage traffic and network traffic…over the same interface is a big benefit.…So let's walk through how a CNA works.…Here we see a virtual machine…with a virtual SCSI controller.…So as the guest operating system…of this virtual machine on the left…generates SCSI command, those SCSI commands…are going to flow out of the virtual machine…through this virtual SCSI controller.…Now where do these SCSI commands go?…They're going to head a storage adapter,…and in this case, the storage adapter…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.