In this video, Russ Long completes the configuration of a Distributed Power Management configuration. Learn how to apply DPM to your cluster to save energy costs.
- [Instructor] So now that we've discussed…Distributive Power Management,…let's take a moment,…a real quick moment…to configure DPM.…First we're going to click on Hosts and Clusters.…Then we're going to click on our DRS Cluster.…Then Manage at the top here in the information pane.…And then Settings.…Now once here, we can already see…that vSphere DRS is turned on.…That's no surprise, we've been working…with this DRS Cluster the entire course.…If you take a look,…I don't see Distributed Power Management labeled anywhere.…
I see a Power Management.…And that's exactly what it is.…DPM is Power Management.…I want you to make that association in your head.…So if we expand out this twizzle here,…and that's what it's called.…It's called a twizzle.…We can see the Automation Level is off,…and there is no power management being provided at all.…Because of this we don't have a DPM threshold.…So let's go ahead and change our cluster…to include Distributive Power Management.…We're going to click Edit here.…
We see that we're already turned on.…
- An overview of DRS
- Migrating virtual machines and thresholds
- Configuring DRS
- Creating and editing clusters
- Working with Storage DRS cluster features
- Managing DRS cluster resources
- Enabling Distributed Power Management
- Troubleshooting DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage VDSwith Brandon Neill1h 9m Intermediate
1. DRS Overview
2. Inner Workings of DRS
3. Configuration of DRS
4. Managing DRS Cluster Resources
5. Distributed Power Management
6. Troubleshooting DRS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.