Rick Crisci demonstrates how the ESXi host discovers LUNs on a storage array using dynamic discovery.
- [Instructor] In this video I'll demonstrate…how the ESXI host can discover luns from…an iScuzzy storage array.…Let's start by clicking on hosts and clusters.…And we'll take a look at ESXI01.vclass.local.…We're under the manage tab and under the storage view.…And in the storage view you can see I already have…a nice Scuzzy software adapter configured…and I've already bound it to a VM kernel port.…However there are no devices or paths…available at the moment because I haven't configured…my iScuzzy target yet.…
Let's click on targets and configure dynamic discovery.…We'll hit add here, and we'll put in the address…of the iScuzzy storage array that we want to connect to.…Remember we're configuring the ESXI host…so that it can reach out to a storage array…and discover the available luns that exist.…The address that you enter here should be…the address of the storage array that you want…your ESXI host to communicate with.…Now we've added a new target for dynamic discovery.…
This means that when we perform a rescan…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storagewith Joseph Lowery1h 26m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.