Rick Crisci demonstrates how to create a data store cluster for storage DRS load balancing and how to place a data store into maintenance mode. He uses the vSphere Web Client for vCenter 6.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll demonstrate how to create…a datastore cluster, and enable storage DRS.…And we'll start by clicking on the storage view.…And here you can see, we have three datastores…that currently exist.…One is a local datastore…called datastore one,…and then we have two shared datastores,…called datastore one and datastore two.…Datastore one and datastore two exist on a storage array…that is accessible to multiple ESXI hosts.…
So to get started, I'm going to right-click…on my training datacenter,…and under storage, I'm going to choose…new datastore cluster.…I'll call my datastore cluster…Demo D-S Cluster.…And I'm going to choose to turn on storage DRS,…or storage distributed restore scheduling.…And what storage DRS is going to do for us…is it's going to automatically…migrate virtual machines from one datastore to another,…for the purposes of load balancing.…
So there's two different storage DRS modes…that you can run in.…You can choose manual mode.…And in manual mode, storage DRS will not automatically…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storagewith Joseph Lowery1h 26m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.