In this video, Russ Long looks at troubleshooting a myriad of host issues within your DRS cluster. Learn how to solve Host issues in your DRS enabled cluster.
- [Instructor] Let's move down a level…from the cluster and discuss some…of the issues we could find at the host level.…Here, we can see some of the common…issues at the host level for our DRS cluster.…There are, of course, more but…many of which we've covered already…at the cluster level.…So I've boiled this down to the…three most common issues we can see.…Our first issue includes DRS Migration…for Maintenance Mode.…There could be an issue with DRS migration…when attempting to go into maintenance mode.…
This is a fairly common issue and the…number one culprit is HA reservations.…Now based on your cluster, if your…reservations are preventing the…maintenance mode migration, there isn't…much you can do about it but,…this should be a warning to you.…The cluster itself may not have enough…resources, so think about adding a host,…if possible.…Other culprits include a CD or USB drive…that is connected to a VM on the host,…or maybe your affinity rules cannot be satisfied…with an evacuation due to maintenance mode.…
Our next issue is our DRS compute cluster…
- An overview of DRS
- Migrating virtual machines and thresholds
- Configuring DRS
- Creating and editing clusters
- Working with Storage DRS cluster features
- Managing DRS cluster resources
- Enabling Distributed Power Management
- Troubleshooting DRS
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage VDSwith Brandon Neill1h 9m Intermediate
1. DRS Overview
2. Inner Workings of DRS
3. Configuration of DRS
4. Managing DRS Cluster Resources
5. Distributed Power Management
6. Troubleshooting DRS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.