Rick Crisci demonstrates how to create a new VMFS data store on a discovered LUN.
- [Instructor] In this video I'll demonstrate the process…of creating a new VMFS data source…on a iSCSI storage array.…So, let's start by clicking on Hosts and Clusters,…and we'll look at exsi01.vclass.local.…And in this particular exsi host,…we've already configured a software iSCSI initiator.…Let's take a look under the Manage tab,…and Storage.…We can see that we've got an iSCSI software adapter,…and that iSCSI software adapter…has been configured with network port binding…to associate it with a VMkernal port.…
It's been configured with dynamic discovery…so that it will find out about LUNs…from this particular storage array.…And as a result,…there are a number of LUNs that are listed here,…and these LUNs are all available…to create new datastores.…So, let's go ahead and create a datastore.…I'm going to click on the Storage view,…and we'll right-click the Training Data Center.…And under the Storage menu we'll choose New Datastore.…
The location of the datastore will be…in the Training Virtual Data Center.…We'll create a VMFS datastore on a LUN.…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storagewith Joseph Lowery1h 26m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.