Rick Crisci demonstrates how to create an NFS data store on an vSphere 6 ESXi host.
- [Narrator] In this video I'll demonstrate…how to create an NFS datastore.…And we'll start here at the Home screen…of the vSphere Web Client by clicking on Storage.…Once we are in Storage,…I'm going to right-click on my Training data center,…and under Storage, choose New Datastore.…The Type of datastore will be an NFS datastore.…We'll choose NFS version three,…and now we'll gave the datastore a name.…
I'm going to call it NFS Demo.…We'll put in the address of the folder,…and then we'll also put in the address…of the NFS server as well:…nfs.vclass.local.…We also have the option to mount this NFS as read-only.…In this case I'm going to leave it as read-write,…and hit Next.…We'll choose which ESXi hosts…we want to make this datastore accessible to,…hit Next, and now the operation is ready to complete,…so let's hit Finish.…
We should see our new datastore up here momentarily.…Now, one of the things you want to keep in mind,…within NFS datastore, is they get created really quickly.…And the reason they are created so quickly…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.