For the purposes of those following along at home, Rick Crisci demonstrates how to create a VM in the lab kit.
- [Instructor] Over the next few videos,…I'll be demonstrating some storage tasks,…like creating raw device mappings,…modifying data stores,…and configuring storage policies.…And I'll be performing all of these tasks…on a lab kit provided by Inspired vLabs.…Now, if you're following along at home,…you'll need to make sure…that you've completed some preliminary steps.…In this course, there's a lab demonstration video…that will walk you through many of the basic tasks…like adding a host to vCenter.…
And you'll also need access to our iSCSI storage array.…So to see how to set that up,…you can watch the iSCSI demonstration videos…that show you how to create an iSCSI Initiator…and configure port bindings.…In this video, I'll show you how to create a virtual machine…and we'll use this virtual machine later on…to demonstrate raw device mappings.…So in this video I'll show you how to create…a virtual machine inside your Inspired vLabs kit.…We'll click on the vSphere folder.…
Choose vSphere Client.…And we'll install the vSphere Client.…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storagewith Joseph Lowery1h 26m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.