Rick Crisci shows how to configure a storage policy in vCenter using the vSphere Web Client, and apply it to a set of VMs, and then scan for compliance and remediate.
- [Narrator] In this video,…I'll demonstrate how to create storage policies.…We can use storage policies to control…which datastores our virtual machines are placed on.…Now different datastores may have different capabilities…like some datastores may be replicated by the storage array…or other datastores might have different raid levels.…And our virtual machines may benefit…from being placed on one specific datastore…that has a certain set of capabilities.…
However, over time, it can become difficult to track…where all of your virtual machines are stored…and to ensure that they're stored on a datastore…that has the appropriate capabilities.…And that's where storage policies come in.…Here we are the home screen of the vSphere Web Client…and I'm going to click on the VM storage policies view…and we can create a new storage policy here.…So I'll click on this button to create…a new virtual machine storage policy…and I'm going to call it demo policy.…
We'll hit next…and next we can define a set of rules for this policy…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.