Rick Crisci demonstrates how to create a software iSCSI initiator in an ESXi host and use it to connect to a storage array.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll demonstrate…the process of creating a software iSCSI initiator…on an ESXi host.…I'm using the Vsphere Web Client…to demonstrate this process.…Let's choose an ESXi host,…by clicking on Hosts and Clusters.…At the moment we'll choose esxi01.…Make sure that you've clicked on the Manage tab,…and under Manage, click on Storage.…Here you can see some storage adapters…that already exist for local disks.…
I'm going to hit the plus button…to create a new software iSCSI adapter.…Now in the vSphere Web Client,…the new software iSCSI adapter…will be automatically added to the list of adapters.…Let's hit OK here,…and we'll wait a moment for the screen to refresh,…and here's our software iSCSI adapter.…So now as storage commands are created…by our virtual machines,…they're going to be relayed to this…software iSCSI initiator,…and the job of the software iSCSI initiator…is to get those commands over to the storage array.…
So as you'll see in upcoming videos,…we have some additional things that we still need…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with VMware vSphere 6with Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
Configure and Manage VMware vSphere 6 Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storagewith Joseph Lowery1h 26m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.