Learn how to configure iSCSI port bindings to establish redundancy.
- [Instructor] In this video I'll…demonstrate how to configure iSCSI port bindings…for a software iSCSI initiator.…So let's start by clicking on Hosts and Clusters.…Then we'll choose esxi01.vclass.local,…select Manage,…and under Storage we can see that we already have…an iSCSI software adapter created.…Now let's look down below this software iSCSI…adapter, at some of the properties of it.…
Well, we can see the iqn of the software adapter.…That's the iSCSI qualified name,…and we can see devices and paths…that are accessible through this software adapter.…And at the moment, this list is empty.…There's no devices shown, there's no paths shown.…So we've established an iSCSI software adapter,…but, at the moment, it has no way to…communicate with any sort of storage array.…That's what we need to resolve, now.…So, the first step that we're going to perform,…is to bind this software iSCSI initiator…to a VMkernel port.…
So let's create our VMkernel port.…We'll click on Networking,…and you can see that we already…have an existing virtual switch available.…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.