Learn how to configure iSCSI CHAP (Challenge-Handshake Authentication Protocol) to secure ESXi host and storage array communications.
- [Instructor] In this video I'll demonstrate…how to configure CHAP for authentication…of an iSCSI storage array.…Let's start by clicking on hosts and clusters…and we're going to choose esxi01.vclass.local…and if we click on the manage tab…we can see under storage that we've created…a software iSCSI adapter…and under the software iSCSI adapter…we've already configured networking port binding…to tie it to a vm kernel port.…
We've configured dynamic discovery…so that this particular esxi host…can reach out and find out about LUNs…that are available on this storage array.…And we've also created a data store…and if we go to related objects we can see our data store…called iSCSI-VMFS.…CHAP gives you the ability to validate that an iSCSI device…is truly a valid storage array…and you can even configure mutual authentication…so that the array can also validate the esxi host.…
So in order to configure CHAP…we'll click on our iSCSI software adaptor…we'll click on targets…and we'll choose the iSCSI storage array…and click on the authentication button.…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.