Rick Crisci demonstrates the configuration of of a Virtual Volumes data store, and introduces resources that can be used to get hands-on experience.
- [Narrator] In this video I'll be demonstrating the process…of creating a datastore on a Virtual Volume's storage array…I'll be doing this using the VMware…hands-on lab environment.…Specifically I'll be using the VVOL, Virtual SAN,…and Storage Policy-Based Management hands-on lab.…Let's start by opening Chrome.…Now one thing I want to point out before we get started,…notice there are bookmarks for…EqualLogic Group Manager, and EMC Unisphere.…
With this hands-on lab you can…actually manage these storage solutions,…and do things like create storage containers.…We're not going to do that in this demo,…I'm simply going to create a datastore…on a virtual volume's storage array,…but I wanted to point these features out,…because these hands-on lab exercises are free.…So if you want to get your hands-on these solutions,…and actually configure the storage array aspects,…I highly recommend going through this hands-on lab exercise.…
That being said, I'm going to go ahead…and log onto the vSphere web client.…We'll take a look at the process involved…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.