Rick Crisci demonstrates the configuration of a VMware Virtual SAN (VSAN) data store, along with per-host disk group configurations.
- [Instructor] In this video I'll demonstrate…how to configure Virtual SAN.…But before we get into some of the details…of the actual configuration,…let's take a look at a few of the prerequisites…that we have to have configured…before we can enable VSAN on our cluster.…Let's go to Hosts and Clusters,…and take a look at the network configuration…of some of out ESXi hosts.…Here you can see we have four hosts in this cluster…and if I click on the first host,…I'm going to go to Manage, Networking,…and look at our VMkernel adapters.…
And here you can see, in this ESXi host,…we do have Vmkernel adapters that are configured…for a VSAN network.…Let's take a closer look at one of these VMkernel ports.…We can see that it's using the default TCP/IP stack,…and that Virtual SAN traffic has been enabled…on this VMkernel port.…And if we look though the settings,…we can see our physical adapter settings,…we can some of our IP version 4 settings,…like the IP address that's been configured…on this VMkernel port.…
So that's really step one,…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.