Join Rick Crisci for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring SIOC, part of VMware vSphere: Advanced Storage Configuration and Administration.
- [Narrator] In this video, I'll demonstrate…how to configure Storage I/O Control on a data store.…So, here in the Vsquare web client,…let's go to the storage view, and under the storage view…I have a few data stores listed.…We'll work on Shared-DS1.…So under Shared-DS1 I'm going to click on Manage,…and here we can see the settings…for this particular data store,…and you can see that Storage I/O Control…is currently enabled.…Let's hit the edit button, and look at some of our options.…
So, Storage I/O Control is currently enabled,…and the congestion threshold is set at 90%.…That means that Storage I/O Control will begin…to enforce its share structure…when the storage traffic hits 90% of the peak throughput…that this data store can handle.…Now, you can modify this congestion threshold if you want.…We could bring it down to 80%, or 70%,…or make it higher than 90%, but for the most part,…the recommended setting is just to leave it at the default.…
So we'll leave it at 90%.…And go ahead and hit OK.…Now we know that Storage I/O Control…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.