Rick Crisci demonstrates how to change the PSP on an iSCSI data store in the vSphere Web Client. He also shows how to change the default PSP and explains claim rules.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll demonstrate…how to change the Storage Array Type Plugins…and Path Selection Plugins on an ESXi host.…Now, before I get started,…I just want to show you one preliminary step…that you may want to take…if you're following along at home.…I'm using an inspired vLabs kit,…and we don't have PuTTY.…PuTTY is an SSH client that allows us to…establish a command line session…to the ESXi host.…So, I'm simply going to download PuTTY.…
I'm going to make sure I get the Windows version,…and I'll save the file on my machine.…You can click on the download areas, Firefox.…I'll click on PuTTY,…and I'll wait a moment for it to launch,…and once we have PuTTY ready to go,…we can use it to establish command line sessions…to our ESXi host,…and this'll allow us to run some…ESXCLI commands that might be useful…if you want to change some of the default…PSP and SATP settings.…
Well, you can see here I've preloaded…the address of my ESXi host,…but, if you're doing this for the first time,…you can simply type in ESXi01.vclass.local…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.