Rick Crisci demonstrates how storage policies are used to configure mirroring and striping on individual VM objects that are stored on a VMware Virtual SAN (VSAN) data store.
- [Narrator] In this video,…I'll be demonstrating how to configure storage policies…for VMware's Virtual SAN product.…I'll be using the Vmware hands-on lab environment,…specifically hands-on lab 1608 that shows us what's new…with Virtual SAN 6.…So let's go ahead and take a look at the storage policies…that are specific to Virtual SAN…and dig in to some of the options that we have here.…I just clicked on the VM Storage Policies view…at the home screen of the vSphere Web Client…and you can see there's already a default storage policy…built in here for Virtual SAN.…
So let's grab that, click on our pencil icon to edit it…and take a look.…Here are the Rule-Sets that are built in by default.…Number one is the number of failures to tolerate.…When you start using Virtual SAN,…your virtual machine objects are going to be stored…on the local storage of your ESXi hosts.…We're not going to configurate on those ESXi hosts,…so how do we tolerate the failure of a disk…or of an entire ESXi host?…That's what we're configuring here.…
Note: This course maps to the Configure and Administer Advanced vSphere 6.x Storage domain from the VCP6-DCV exam blueprint. Learn more about the exam objectives at VMware's site.
- Comparing VMFS (Virtual Machine File System) and NFS (Network File System)
- Working with Fibre Channel and FCoE
- Configuring iSCSI storage and authentication
- Working with block storage and VMFS
- Managing storage filters
- Using vSphere storage APIs
- Sharing virtual disks
- Configuring NFS storage
- Using vSphere Virtual Volumes
- Configuring VSAN data stores
- Configuring SIOC data stores
Skill Level Intermediate
VMware vSphere 6 Essential Trainingwith Brandon Neill1h 28m Intermediate
VMware vSphere: Configure and Manage Networkingwith Brandon Neill1h 33m Intermediate
1. Storage Virtualization
Array thin provisioning1m 41s
2. Fibre Channel and FCoE
4. Working with Block Storage
5. Advanced Storage Concepts
7. Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
8. Virtual SAN (VSAN)
9. Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.