A customer material info record clarifies the differences between what a customer calls a material and what a company calls a material. In this video, review the steps to create a customer material info record using transaction code VD51.
- [Instructor] Customer material information record … serve an important purpose in SAP. … By defining the relationship between customer and material. … They link a material, as it's named in the system, … with the name a customer uses for the same thing. … Let's create one in the system using transaction code VD51. … Our initial screen has three fields. … The first is the customer number. … We'll enter 1000308 and press enter. … The system is warning us the sales organization … and distribution channel are not defined for this customer. … That's okay because we're going to change them anyway. … For our sales organization, we'll enter 1710 … and for our distribution channel, we'll leave it as 10 … and press enter. … We're brought into the create customer material info record … overview screen with a large table. … We're able to enter multiple customer material info records … at once on the screen. … In our example, we only need to enter one. … In the first column marked material number, …
- Defining an organizational structure for SAP
- Key elements of master data in SAP SD
- Creating sales inquiries, quotations, and orders
- Shipping and transportation processes
- Creating invoices
- Running billing and returns reports
Skill Level Intermediate
SAP Financials Essential Trainingwith Justin Valley1h 36m Beginner
Learning SAP MM (Materials Management)with Justin Valley1h 13m Intermediate
1. Sales and Distribution Overview
2. Master Data
5. Billing and Returns
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.