Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video A word about software versions, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
The state of digital book publishing is a whirlwind of new products, new versions, new…distribution channels, and even newly discovered CSS tweaks and grep queries for doing what…you need to get done in your eBooks.…And although this course focuses on using InDesign to create EPUBs and Kindle eBooks,…I'll be showing you how to use many other software programs and web services that you'll…need to get the job done.…These programs are all on different tracks for updating, so I hope you'll understand…when what I'm showing on screen might differ somewhat from the same product you have just…downloaded and are working with.…
Case in point, Adobe Digital Editions, that's Adobe's free EPUB reader utility.…While I was recording this title Adobe Digital Editions or ADE was at version 1.7, that was…the version you can download from the Adobe website.…But as I mentioned in the videos I always use their public beta version, which was at…1.8, that I downloaded from Adobe Labs, because it was slightly better, and I explain how…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.