Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with PNG and transparency, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Let's talk about a new kind of image file format that InDesign CS6 now exports to the…PNG, or PNG format, properly pronounced ping.…It will only convert images that you have placed into InDesign into PNG when it exports to…EPUB if the image is a vector image with transparency.…I have just such an image open right now in Illustrators CS6, and if I swipe over this…you can see all of its wonderful little vector outlines and the text The Roux Academy of Art,…Media and Design is text on a path.…
Let's jump over to InDesign and place that logo on the page, so I'm going to File > Place…in my Links folder in the exercise folder I have one. Here it is, roux academy logo_black,…and we'll just click right there. It appears here in the Links panel.…Now it's an AI file, and it has transparency, so it will be converted to PNG on export.…Let's check that out. Go to Export to EPUB with Command+E or Ctrl+E, let's save it on…the desktop. I have done this a few times, so we're going to overwrite one.…
We have turned off the cover image, really don't care about that for this test.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.