Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with InDesign book files, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Another way that you can create an EPUB from…an InDesign file, is by starting with an InDesign book…and a lot of publishers I know are already…creating their print in PDF books as InDesign book files.…A book file is created by going to the…File menu and instead of choosing New>Document, you choose New>Book.…And you name the book.…I'll just call this one, book one. What you end up with is a panel, to which…you add a whole bunch of different InDesign documents.…And then the Panel menu has a whole bunch of commands that…work on all the documents at once or just the selected documents.…
If you want to learn more about working with…the Book panel and creating books, you should watch…one of the other titles like Up and Running…with InDesign or InDesign Essentials or BM the Basics.…I've already created a book, made up of separate…files from this longer single file InDesign…document that I've been using in various video.…So, every new section that starts with the subhead, I, I cut and…paste it into new document, and that is in the exercise files.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.