Take any InDesign file and turn it into an EPUB that can be read on multiple devices, like the Kindle, Kobo, iPad, and Nook.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals. In this course we'll take a close look at EPUBs, the standard format for eBooks today and how we can use Adobe InDesign CC to create them. I'll start by showing you what is inside an EPUB file using free scripts for Mac and Windows. We'll learn what the ePUB 2 and the ePUB 3 standards really mean and how InDesign converts files to the standard HTML and CSS they require. You'll see how to optimize your text, graphics, tables, and videos.
I'll show you how to use new EPUB features in InDesign CC like object style mapping, pop-up footnotes, and linked indexes. See how you can create sophisticated and interactive standards compliant EPUB files with a streamlined workflow and then proof them on your eReader. We'll also cover how to use InDesign to optimize files for exporting eBooks, specifically for the Amazon Kindle and other eReaders like the Kobo and the Nook. Join me in learning InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.