Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Validating EPUB 2 and EPUB 3 files, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Unless you're using invalid file names in in design like in…a book file, I can't remember last time that in design was…ever able to spit out an invalid epub, that is an…epub that broke the rules of epub as defined by the idpf.…Still it is a good idea, in fact required that…you validate your e-pubs before you upload them to any e-reseller.…To review, the e-pub rules are, you are creating…either, an e-pub that is compliant with standard e-pub 2.01.…
And you see the same drop down menu in InDesign.…This was the standard that was created in, 2007.…And then 2011, they came up with a more advanced…standard based on html five and css three, called ePub three.…That includes many other…features for interactivity and acc, accessibility, audio visual.…Narration and all sorts of fun kind of stuff,…and that I've talked about in a previous video.…But if you look in detail, at one of these files.…
You'll see that there are many rules, for…different things, like, what is the unique identifier.…How does the EPUB style sheet, the CSS file have to be written?…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.