Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using object styles for EPUB attributes, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…One of the most powerful and handiest…new feature's, in InDesign CC for ePub developers.…Is how they have increased the utility of object styles.…In this video title so far I've…talked at length, about paragraph and character styles.…And to some degree, about table and cell styles.…But I haven't really talked that much about object styles, and I'm hoping that…if you are in the least familiar with…InDesign that you are already using object styles.…
That is this panel over here, that lets you for example create an…object style, for say a text frame that you use all the time.…If you're always choosing a certain inset and so on.…You can create an object style for that I'm going to Option + Alt +…click here, and you have all these attributes that you can, apply at once,…to an object.…And object is something that you select with your Selection tool.…Well in this chapter that I've been talking about working with images.…You see there are some finicky settings that you need to know about in…order to get the images to be…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.