Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the layout order to manage content flow, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Let's delve a little more deeply into working with the layout order when you are exporting…an InDesign file to EPUB.…I did show briefly in the previous video about how you can manipulate the position of frames…on a page to force InDesign to export the content in the order that you want. And let's…sort of expand on that with a longer project, sort of a single page.…Here we have the History of Art sample book that we have been working with, and let's…just refresh our memories about what this looks like, I am going to zoom out a bit with…Command+Minus or Ctrl+Minus. So we have a cover, we have a title page, Table of Contents…would normally go here but we haven't placed one yet, and then we have text that flows…from page-to-page, and I can turn on View > Extras > Show Text Threads, so we can see how that works.…
And we have some images, are inside the text, and basically it's about it, it goes all the…way to the end, we don't have an index or anything like that, but just have a little…flourish at the bottom.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.