Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
If you are a Premium Member of the lynda.com online training library or if you are watching…this tutorial on a DVD-ROM then you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title.…Each Chapter has its own folder and each video in that Chapter, if it uses exercise files,…has its own sub-folder. The exercise files are in these sub-folders.…Before you make any changes to them I suggest you duplicate them on your Desktop or anywhere…on your hard drive.…
Most of the exercise files are variations on a few different publications created in…InDesign or EPUBs created from them.…All the original linked images are in the Links folder and the main exercises folder,…right here, and I have also tried to gather all the scripts from various videos into a…single Scripts folder, you might find them duplicated, but here in the Scripts folder…they are all collected.…If you are a Monthly Member or an Annual Member of lynda.com you don't have access to the…exercise files, I'm sorry.…
But you can follow along from scratch with your own InDesign files and images.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.