Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
If you are a premium member of the lynda.com library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. You can download the files from the exercise files tab on the main page for this course. Then unzip it and put the exercise files folder on your desktop. Inside the folder you'll see sub-folders for every chapter along with other folders for different movies. Just open the In design layouts or e-pubs or in other files and then follow along with the same project that I am working on.
In this exercise folder and in addition to the chapter folders containing the individual InDesign files and e-pubs are the movies. You'll see these two extra folders, links, and scripts. All the InDesign files, are using that same links folder. So, if you get any missing link alerts, you can relink to the images in there. And in a few movies, I mentioned one or more third party scripts. If I'm able to distribute them, I put the script in that folder for your convenience. Otherwise, I always say where I get the scripts I use.
So you can download the script from whichever website or online forum I show during the video. If you don't have access to the exercise files. You can follow along using your own files. And you can download the scripts as needed from the places that I mentioned. Okay, let's get started.
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.