Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a TOC style in combination with an InDesign book, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
When you're working with an InDesign book, like what I have open here, something that you have…created from File > New > Book and a collection of separate stand-alone InDesign documents.…You are also able to use the techniques that I described in previous videos for a single…InDesign document as far as manipulating what happens with the nav TOC and how the document…gets split up into multiple documents.…Now, you already know that this document will be split up into multiple documents because…it already is multiple documents.…
So each one of these will be an entry in the nav TOC. But what if you didn't want this text…to be the text in the nav TOC?…Perhaps you have named your InDesign files according to your internal naming system,…you know series 5 G 2012, or something like that.…You can always use the TOC style technique to force InDesign to create a nav TOC using…the text that's actually in your documents rather than the name of your documents.…Let me show you how that works.…
The first thing is that you need to edit the style source document.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.