Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Kindle plugin for InDesign, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Probably the easiest way to create a Kindle book from your InDesign file,…is to use Amazon's own tool, the free Kindle Plugin for Adobe InDesign.…If you just google Kindle Plugin InDesign it'll bring you right to this page…or this will be one of the top you know first hits in Google.…And, if you go to this page you'll see there's some good…information but one thing I want to call your attention to is that…it has not been updated as of yet for CC.…We're all hoping that's going to happen at some point soon, but this always…happens with a plugin, that they're often six to 12 months behind the times.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.