Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Kindle Plugin for InDesign, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
I mentioned in the first video in this chapter that you can download a whole bunch of great software…from the KDP website, Kindle Direct Publishing, and I'm here on that page where you can download…all the tools and resources, and I have downloaded the Kindle plug-in for Adobe InDesign which…at this point is version 0.971 Beta, but it's been Beta forever, but it is nice that they…keep updating it, and now it works for CS6, it came out a few months ago.…This one Kindle plug-in works, by the way, for CS4 through CS6, and if you have an older…system, it's asking you to install something to the system keychain, and I can tell you…that sometimes I forget to do that, and it works perfectly fine anyway.…
But download it for Windows or Mac, and then you need to quit InDesign, run the installer,…and then start InDesign again, which I have done, and we have our friend Mona open.…Where is the Export to Kindle command? Right here under the File menu. Look at that Export…for Kindle, isn't that incredible?…If you create a book file, you'll find the Export for Kindle command right there in the…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.