Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Dreamweaver to edit EPUBs, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
I wanted to develop one movie--and this is new for me in this series of InDesign to EPUB titles--…all about using Dreamweaver to edit your EPUBs, because as a result of working with so many…EPUBs over the past two or three years, I finally settled down with Dreamweaver as my main EPUB…editing app, and it's the closest thing that Adobe has to an EPUB editor.…Any recent version of Dreamweaver works great for this purpose.…First, the one thing that Dreamweaver cannot do yet is open an archive, it cannot open…this, like how oXygen, Author, or Editor can do, as I showed in a previous video.…
In the meantime, you have to extract it yourself, you have use the unzip tools or unzip it on…Windows so that you end up with the contents open here, and now these files you can of…course edit in Dreamweaver because they're essentially HTML files, so do that first.…Then jump over to Dreamweaver and to set it up properly let me suggest that you actually…add that OEBPS folder as though it were a website.…Go to the Site menu, create a New Site.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.