Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Articles panel to manage content flow, part of InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad.
Let's work with a document that is a little bit more complex than what we have been working with so far.…This is the full Roux Academy of Art Media & Design course catalog.…And I'll zoom out a bit and scroll through so you can see what it's made up of, we have…the cover, we have a welcoming inside spread there, and then we have a list of classes…along with pictures.…So this is the page that we have been working with in a couple of videos.…But you can see that this story down here continues as threaded into multiple frames,…and then we have some stand-alone images and captions here.…
And it continues for another spread.…And then here we have some stand-alone text frames and finally a table and then that's…the end of the document.…Attempting to manage the order of all of these individual objects in this document would…be a daunting task were it not for a new addition to InDesign that was added in CS5.5 called…the Articles panel.…The Articles panel is part of my EPUB workspace, and we put together this workspace in a previous video.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.